Buying a home is most likely the single largest investment you’ll make in your lifetime.
It’s definitely not a game – and you don’t want your biggest purchase to be a gamble.
That means you want to be confident that it’s a safe investment. We can’t predict where the housing market is going to go (no one can) – but we can work hard to help you make a wise decision regarding the condition of the home you’re purchasing.
This is the most common home inspection – the Buyer’s Inspection.
Typically a buyer of a home, or a buyer’s Agent, will contact us to schedule a home inspection. We know that buying a new home is an exciting time, but it’s a time of uncertainty – you know you love the home, but what exactly is the condition of the home? Spending a few hundred dollars now could save you tens of thousands of dollars later.
A new coat of paint could be hiding a serious problem you can’t see. We go into those places you don’t like to think about such as the attic and crawl space under the home to find out exactly what’s going on with the structure of the home – right down to the bones – so that you can rest easy knowing that this home is right for you.
We are trained to identify problem areas you won’t see. And because we’re independent and unbiased, we won’t overlook problems that you or the seller may not see.
Not only that, but we’ll provide you with the resources you need to keep your home in the condition you want it to be in. Not only do we offer a detailed report on your home, but we’ll give you – free of charge – a detailed home maintenance manual.
We respond quickly to requests for an inspection, because we know that time is of the essence. You don’t have two weeks to wait for an inspection to be done – we understand that. Our pledge is to respond quickly to your call, and to deliver you a comprehensive report within 24 hours of the inspection.
You’ll receive a detailed examination of the home, including…
- Structural components – foundation & framing, crawl spaces & attics
- Exterior – siding, flashing, trim, decks, balconies, stoops, surface drainage, etc.
- Roofing – materials, drainage, flashing, etc.
- Plumbing – interior water supply & distribution, drain/waste systems, water heating equipment, etc.
- Electrical – service, grounding, components, safety devices, etc.
- Heating & AC – installed heating/cooling equipment, flues, chimneys, etc.
- Interiors – walls/ceilings/floors, stairs, countertops & cabinets, doors & windows, etc.
- Insulation & Ventilation
- Fireplaces & Solid Fuel Burning Appliances
Buy your new home with confidence! Call Graeme today at (530) 391-4116 or (916) 458-4441 to schedule your home inspection, or fill out our convenient reservation system!